Bad DC TRAFFIC
Unhide is a program that reverts back the changes made to your files and Windows Registry by the rogue.FakeHDD family of rogue anti-spyware program. This family of malware pretends to be a hard disk repair and system optimization program for Windows. In reality, though, these programs are computer infections that deliberately hide your files and change certain settings in the Windows Registry to make it appear that you have lost data on your hard drive. It will then prompt you to purchase the program to restore the data.
Your data, though, is actually completely safe, but just hidden from view. Unhide was developed to make your data visible as well as restore your missing Start Menu shortcuts and Windows Desktop item. While Unhide is running it will also revert back any Windows Registry settings to the their Windows Defaults.
Sometimes infections will prevent Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from being installed. This is one of the issues that Malwarebytes Chameleon was created to address.
In order for this to work, you will need a second PC which is not infected and a USB flash drive or blank CD and CD burner or some other means to transfer files from one computer to the other.
From your clean computer, download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here
- Once installed, open the folder where the program was installed (usually C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware or C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware)
- Once there, right-click on the Chameleon folder and choose Copy
- Close the Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware folder
- Right-click on your USB flash drive or blank CD and choose Paste and proceed to burn the CD if using a blank CD or remove your flash drive if using a flash drive
- Now, insert your USB flash drive or CD which should now contain the Chameleon folder into the infected PC
- Open the USB flash drive or CD and copy/paste the Chameleon folder from the drive to the desktop of your infected PC
- Make certain that your infected PC is connected to the internet and then open the Chameleon folder which now resides on the desktop of your infected computer and double-click on the Chameleon help file and then follow the onscreen instructions to use it.
- If the Chameleon help file itself will not open, then double-click each file one by one until you find one that works, which will be indicated by a black DOS/command prompt window Note: Do not attempt to open mbam-killer as that is not a Chameleon executable and serves a different purpose)
- Follow the onscreen instructions to press a key to continue and Chameleon will proceed to download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for yo
- Once it has done this, it will attempt to update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, click OK when it says that the database was updated successfull
- Next, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware will automatically open and perform a Quick scan.
- Upon completion of the scan, if anything has been detected, click on Show Result
- Have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware remove any threats that are detected and click Yes if prompted to reboot your computer to allow the removal process to complete
- After your computer restarts, open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform one last Quick scan to verify that there are no remaining threats
The latest generation of the legendary ESET NOD32 Antivirus takes your security to a whole new level. Built for a low footprint, fast scanning, it packs security features and customization options for consistent and personalized security online or off.
With ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5, you are protected at the highest level while you work online, social network, download files, play online games or exchange data via removable media.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 utilizes multiple layers of detection and unique cloud technology to keep out threats and block all potential attacks vectors. Cybercriminals are stopped dead in their tracks before they can compromise your system and exploit sensitive personal information.
Eset Nod32 official site.
Malware is big and malware is bad. Your computer is constantly at risk from infection by malware including viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, dialers and spyware. Malwarebytes specializes in fighting malware.
If viruses are mischief, malware is mayhem. Malware doesn’t just want to disrupt your network, it wants your keystrokes, logins, passwords, address book, data, credit card information, favorite t-shirt and possibly your cat.
Malware is not going away any time soon. Malware is growing, developing, constantly evolving. Malware is becoming more difficult to detect, and even harder to remove.
Only the most sophisticated anti-malware techniques can detect and remove malicious programs from your computer. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO combines powerful new technologies designed to seek out, destroy, and prevent malware.
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO detects AND protects in an easy-to-use, straightforward, heavy-hitting but lightweight anti-malware application
Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a free premium malware scanner to clean and protect your PC from viruses, spyware, trojans, bots, adware and worms. It uses 2 major scan engines to find more than 4 million different types of malicious software. Keep your PC clean with the included File Guard and Behavior Blocker features that effectively stop all new infections. The Surf Protection additionally blocks access to fraudulent and dangerous websites. Emsisoft Anti-Malware was awarded as best Antivirus of 2009 by PC Security Labs because of its outstanding detection rates in all malware categories in all comparative tests 2009 – beating about 30 well known antivirus tools. Many other independent tests confirm the world class level in virus detection. Check out the latest tests on www.anti-malware-reviews.com The Emsisoft Anti-Malware realtime protection uses 3 layers to protect your PC against new infections: * The signature based scan by the dualengine catches known dangers immediately when they try to run or are being downloaded from web. New malware definitions (signatures) updates are available at least 5 times per day. * With the awarded unique behavior based malware detection, all running programs are monitored all the time. As soon as a program does something suspicious, it is stopped and alerted. Providing you the ability to interrupt unwanted actions. That provides extra security against new and unknown threats that others can’t catch. * The surf protection prevents you from surfing to malware spreading and fraudulent websites. Extras: Emsisoft Anti-Malware holds plenty of advanced options for experts to detect and delete malware manually. For this purpose the integrated system analysis tool HiJackFree is included. Conclusion: Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a comprehensive tool to detect all types of Malware, Viruses and Spyware. With the automatic update feature, your PC is always up to date to protect permanently against dangerous software.
A-Squared Anti-Malware official site.
Bitdefender QuickScan is an online tool which uses .in-the-cloud. scanning to detect malware running on a PC very fast, usually in less than 60 seconds. Bitdefender QuickScan uses in-the-cloud scanning technology to detect active malware on your system, in under a minute. Because it focuses on active e-threats, the product uses just a fraction of the system resources needed by a regular virus scan and requires no time-consuming virus signature updates, as the detection process is performed by remote Bitdefender servers.
Official Site Here